If your position requires you to lead others to peak athletic performance, consider this:
Your feelings affect their performance more than anything else.
Research shows a direct tie between emotional self-awareness and measurable results. People who are upset are ineffective. Period. You can’t read your audience accurately when you’re yelling. The higher their anxiety, the less mental toughness and ability are at your players’ disposal. Developing emotional intelligence is the key to winning.
Get to really know your athletes as people—not just talent. Your ability to properly read your own emotions builds a foundation to improve athletic performance and help your players develop the mental training for peak performance necessary to deliver consistent results under pressure.
Who This Benefits:
- Head Coaches (Cultural impact)
- Position Coaches (Drill applications)
- Strength Coaches (Emotional strength & conditioning)
- Administration (New Age responsibility)
- Student-Athletes (Emotional Intelligence Skill sets)